If the Lord calls you to be a servant, don’t settle for being a mere king…
“Wahpm Breddas an Sistas wah Gwaan?” (Translation- Hello brothers and sisters, How are you?)
I am Carlos Gordon, a Jamaican with a passion for seeing persons being led by the Spirit, into a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ. I attend the St. John’s Green Acres Church of the Nazarene, located in the parish of St. Catherine, Jamaica, where I have been actively involved from childhood. Over the years, I have had the privilege of serving officially and unofficially in various capacities at both the local and district levels.
I am presently living and working in Jamaica however, I will be moving to South Africa in a few weeks, where I will serve as Regional Finance Coordinator.
Currently, I work as a Project Officer in the Principal’s Office, for the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus. I am also a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Lecturer and Trainer with an MBA International Business, PgDp in Business Administration and a BSc in Experimental Biology.
The Lord has allowed me to serve in various capacities and on various projects, just the highlight a few, I have been blessed to have:
• Planned and executed a 5K Road Race which raised funds for The Joseph and Erline Brown Scholarship Fund (our church’s Scholarship Fund) which assists students at all levels with the funding for their educational pursuits;
• Planned and executed the Youth Ministry’s Annual Barbecue event which assists youth from our church to attend Youth Camp on a yearly basis;
• Been a part of the St. Johns Green Acres Church of the Nazarene 5 year Strategic Planning Exercise 2016- 2020;
• Organized and participated in various local mission projects at various children's homes, schools, police stations and homes for the aged.
• Participated in the Maximum Mission Projects in Panama, City where we did street cleaning, build a staircase with guardrails up a slope to get to one of our churches and ministered via the Jesus Film.
• Participated in the Mission week at the Stillmeadow Church of the Nazarene in York Pennsylvania, USA where we assisted with the building of a house via Habitat for Humanity, baked cookies and distributed to children in neighbouring communities, prayed with and for persons in the streets, prepared and distributed food at a food kitchen, visited and ministered to persons with cerebral palsy among other things.
Additionally, during my tenure with the University and other places of employment, I have worked on research related projects funded by local (Jamaican) and international donors and sponsors.
The Lord has called me to missions and even whilst I worked in my secular job, I have been using my vacation time from work to participate in local and overseas projects. This is because God has placed this passion to work for his kingdom in my heart.
I ask that you continue to pray for me as I trust in God’s provisions, his protection and his direction as I seek to fulfil his call upon my life as I embark on this new adventure. I will pray for you as well as we walk together in obedience in One Spirit and One Love.
Partner with me on this journey FB: https://www.facebook.com/carlos.gordon.3998263